Self-Service Kiosk for Taxi Orders at Ben Gurion Airport
1. What data do we collect?
As part of the Service, Gett collects and processes personal data related to you and/or the person for whom the order is made, as detailed below:
- Contact details: mobile phone number and/or email address;
- Order details: number of riders and drop-off address for the booked ride;
- Ride details: type of taxi, ride time and route as well as ride cost as entered by the driver;
- Details and contents of your calls with Gett (including recordings and transcripts);
- Inquiries, messages, and correspondence through online forms, chats and/or emails.
2. For what purposes do we use the data?
We collect and use personal data in connection with the Service for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service, including complementary services;
- To contact you regarding the Service (for example, we may reach out to you via email, text message, phone call, push notification on your mobile device (if you have a Gett app user account), or any other communication means available to us, in order to provide you with information about your order or respond to any inquiries you may have);
- To develop and enhance the Service, and to improve yours and others’ user experience, including through gaining insights related to the use of the Service;
- To secure and enhance our data security measures, as well as protect our business operations and the drivers authorized to perform the booked ride, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To perform and enforce our agreements, including the terms between Gett and Israel Airports Authority (the “Authority”) for operating the Service at the Airport, receiving and addressing complaints, and to resolve disputes to which Gett is a party;
- To create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve the Service, or for any other purpose;
- To comply with any requirement that applies to us under applicable law and binding orders of competent authorities, including court orders and warrants, as well as any additional action that may necessitate the use of your personal data, subject to obtaining your prior consent in accordance with applicable law.
3. Where and for how long may we keep the data?
Data Retention: We will retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected or generated by us (as detailed in Section 2), and no later than that – all in accordance with our data retention policy and subject to applicable law. Please note that except as otherwise required by applicable law or binding agreement, we will not be obligated to retain your personal data for any particular period, and are free to securely delete it for any reason and at any time. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. With whom may the data be shared?
We may share your personal data with certain third parties and other recipients for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Poicy and as described below:
- Service Providers: We engage selected third-party companies and individuals to provide us with services and solutions complementary to our own. Such service providers include providers of hosting and server co-location services, data and cyber security services, fraud detection and prevention services, data monitoring and analytics services, e-mail, text messages and web/mobile notification distribution, content providers, call and session recording and analysis services, e-mail, voicemails, support and customer relations management systems, and our legal, financial and compliance advisors (collectively – “Service Providers”). Our Service Providers may have access to your personal data, depending on each of their respective roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing the Service, and may only use it for such limited purposes.
- Taxi Drivers: In order to provide the Service, we share the drop-off address you entered as part of your order with the taxi driver(s) assigned to fulfil the ride or rides you booked.
- Competent Authorities, Law Enforcement Officials and Courts: In accordance with the terms for operating the Service on behalf of the Authority, we are required to allow the Authority access to the details of the order you made, information about your use of the Service, and your inquiries regarding the Service, for the purpose of enabling the Authority to exercise official authorities vested in it by law with regard to the regulation and monitoring of taxis activity in Ben Gurion Airport. In exceptional cases, we may disclose or allow other competent authorities and law enforcement officials access to your personal data, with or without prior notice to you, depending on the applicable law in the circumstances of the case. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that (a) we are legally compelled to do so (for example, in response to a subpoena, search warrant, court order or similar requirement); (b) disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; or (c) such disclosure is required to protect the security and integrity of the Service.
- Additional Third Parties for the Protection of Rights and Safety: We may share your personal data with others, without prior notice to you, if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of Gett, its Service Providers, customers, users, drivers, or any member of the general public.
We may share your personal data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous.
5. How can you exercise your privacy rights?
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, as provided by law, to access your personal data held with us and, where applicable, to request that we rectify such data, please sent us an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that once you ask us to exercise any of your rights under applicable law, we may require that you provide additional information and documents or take further actions, in order to authenticate and validate your identity. This is done to ensure that personal data is only disclosed to the individual to whom it pertains. Such additional information and documents, and the correspondence related to your request, will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g., as proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with Section 3 above. Please also note that the rights granted to you by law regarding your personal data are not absolute. Accordingly, there may be cases where we will be permitted or obligated to refuse to provide you with the requested data, in whole or in part, along with our reasons for such refusal as required by law.
6. Additional notices & contact details