Travel is a vital part of everyday life, especially in the business world. And when you book rides using travel booking platforms that work for you and your schedule, making travel arrangements no longer feels like a chore. Let’s take a look at how our corporate customers in the UK can use Gett’s app and web platform to book, manage, and modify rides with black cabs, executive cars, and more!
Before you get booking
If you’re booking a ride for yourself
Before you can get booking rides on your mobile device, you need to download the Gett app – you should receive an activation email with a QR code or link to be added to your company account. Once you’ve downloaded the app, make sure you provide it with location permissions so that your real-time location is kept up to date! Make sure you keep those push notifications on too! They’ll come in handy later on as they provide you with real-time messages about your ride status.
If you’re booking a ride for someone else
Ahead of booking on the web platform, you’ll receive an account activation email. Click on the link to launch the login page, then add your work email address and set a password, or if your company has set up an SSO integration with Gett, log in with your SSO credentials.
Save yourself from scrolling through your emails in future by adding the web page to your favourites.
Once you’ve ticked all those boxes, you will be able to book, edit and manage all your business rides.
How to book rides for yourself and your team
How to book a ride using Gett’s app
- To book a ride for yourself, add your destination, select a vehicle type from the carousel, add your pickup location, and select whether the ride is for now or to schedule for later.
- To book a ride for someone else on your team, add all the ride details as above, then click on the passenger profile image labelled ‘Me’, and select the passenger from your phone’s contact list. The app will then facilitate direct communication between the passenger and driver.
Once you’re happy all the info is all correct, just click the order button!
How to book a ride using Gett’s web platform
- Select the ‘Bookings’ tab from the left-hand navigation menu to create a ride booking.
- Add your passenger’s name, phone number, pick-up point, time and destination.
- Click on the vehicle type to choose the right ride for you from a range of vehicle types, like black cabs, private hire vehicles, and executive cars.
- You have the option to add up to 4 additional passengers, and 3 different stops to the ride.
- If needed, you can also add a message to the driver, a reason for travel, and a cost centre associated with the ride.
- Click the button and that’s it! The ride is now booked. You can create multiple concurrent orders on the web platform.
To keep you in the loop of your travel spend, we’ll always provide a price estimate for your ride before you book it.
Order confirmed, what’s next?
Once the order is confirmed, the order ID is generated, and there’s nothing more you need to do! For on-demand rides, we’ll connect you with a driver in the area, who you will be able to track through the app. For pre-booked rides, we’ll confirm your driver approximately 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
During your ride, you can share your location with friends and colleagues, as well as contact our customer support team using the live chat in the app.
How to edit your ride bookings
On the web platform
On the web platform, your bookings dashboard is shown on the right side of the screen. Use the filters at the top to show your active, upcoming, past, and recurring ride bookings and find the relevant booking you’d like to modify. Select the booking and press ‘Edit’ to make changes to any of the booking information.
On the app
To make changes to a scheduled ride on the Gett app, click on the menu icon in the top left corner, and select ‘Rides’ to display a list of your past and upcoming bookings.
To cancel an on-demand ride, simply click ‘Cancel’ in the app. If you cancel the ride before a driver is assigned or within 2 minutes of a driver being assigned you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
How to connect your ride to your flight
If you have a business trip coming up, you can book your transfer to and from the airport using Gett and make use of our automated flight tracker.
When making your booking, simply add your flight number and we’ll automatically alert your driver if there are any changes to your flight so you won’t miss your ride if your flight is delayed.